A culmination of over two years of Research & Development, in partnership with top Pickleball pros such as Tyson McGuffin, the VANGUARD Power Air addresses the need for both power and spin.
As professional Pickleball became increasingly focused on power and spin over the past 2 years, the larger community discovered the benefits of power and spin, especially when it comes to dominating opponents. VANGUARD Power Air technology was developed to champion these players and provide a paddle that enables full control of the court, with performance power and maximum spin.
The first iteration of this technology was developed in Selkirk Labs and launched as Project 002. Utilizing Labs member feedback, Power Air optimizes the 002, providing additional control from the SuperCore, enhanced consistency with 360° Proto Molding, and next-level aerodynamics and edge durability with Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology.
POWER AIR OVERVIEW
- The preferred paddle for power players
- Generates maximum spin for controlled, aggressive drives
- Features a larger sweet spot than traditional power paddles
- Creates difficult-to-return shots as a result of superior ball spin
- Delivers relentless power, with a surprising amount of control
- Unquestionably the most aerodynamic of all Selkirk paddles
- The ideal paddle for singles and tennis players
POWER AIR TECHNOLOGY
- Air Dynamic Throat for quicker swign speed: Developed in Selkirk Labs with Project 002 and fine-tuned to provide maximum flex, the Air Dynamic Throat is now larger and even closer to the handle, offering optimal air flow and improved ball control.
- ThroatFlex for more power and dwell time: Created to provide maximum flex when you connect with the ball, our new ThoatFlex open throat design extends dwell time on the paddle and enhances power play, for unbeatable consistency.
- ProSpin+ NextGen Texture for long-lasting maximum spin surface: Formulated in Selkirk Labs to generate more spin than any technology on the market, our ProSpin+ NextGen Micro Texture technology features a longer-lasting spin surface and provides unparalleled consistency, ensuring you can shape and control the ball with ease, to dominate on the court.
- QuadFlex 4 Layer Hybrid Face for power & control: Initiated in Selkirk Labs with Project 002, the QuadFlex 4 Layer Hybrid Face features a first-of-its-kind blend of two layers of Fiberflex and two layers of Quantum+ carbon, for effortless power and control.
- 360° Proto Molding for power and consistent sweetspot: Engineered to provide 360 degree composite coverage, using a proprietary high pressure manufacturing process, 360° Proto Molding technology generates ultimate power, while delivering a consistent feel on every play.
- Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology for increased durabilty and aerodynamics: Introduced to increase edge reliability alongside the FlexFoam edge perimeter, Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology is composed of our specialty, impact resistant blend of composites and polymer.
- FlexFoam Perimeter for power, durability and a larger sweetspot: Achieved by injecting specially formulated foam into the entire perimeter of the paddle, our FlexFoam Perimeter technology increases durability, adds weight, enlarges the sweet spot, and absorbs the vibrations from every hit, for a stable, reliable feel. This technology was originally developed in Selkirk Labs for Project 002.
- SuperCore Polymer Honeycomb Core for a consistent, faimiliar feel: Created for the QuadFlex Face, the groundbreaking polypropylene honeycomb SuperCore delivers supreme power while enhancing your control of the ball.
- Invikta | Long Handle & Longest Paddle Shape: Favored for its increased sweet spot size when compared to other elongated Pickleball paddle shapes, the Invikta is popular with intermediate to Pro player, and is the brainchild of National Pickleball Champion, Tyson McGuffin. Its elongated shape, large sweet spot, and long handle provide more power, more reach, and more spin.
- Epic | Long Handle & Standard Paddle Shape: Pairing a traditional Pickleball paddle shape with a large surface area and a long handle, the Epic delivers the perfect blend of power and control. Versatile and well-rounded, the Epic paddle shape is ideal for the beginner and the seasoned pro.
- S2 | Standard Paddle Shape with Short Handle: Featuring the largest sweet spot of all Selkirk paddle shapes, the S2 provides amplified power and reliable consistency. Its traditional shape and extra large surface area pairs with a shorter handle to offer players ultimate control on the court.
POWER AIR COMPARISONS
- The Power Air versus Project 002: The VANGUARD Power Air is the next-level version of the 002. Both paddles utilize the same ProSpin+ technology for supreme spin and feature the QuadFlex Hybrid Face. The Power Air introduces enhanced versions of the Air Dynamic Throat, ThroatFlex, and FlexFoam Perimeter technologies. The VANGUARD Power Air also introduces all-new 360° Proto Molding, Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology, and SuperCore technologies. Essentially, the Power Air generates similar spin and power to the 002, but enhances your overall control. If you found the 002 a bit much to handle due to its incredible amount of power, but you loved the spin technology, the VANGUARD Power Air might just be the perfect paddle for you.
- The Power Air versus the SLK Omega: the VANGUARD Power Air and SLK Omega are both power and spin paddles, however, you will notice a considerable increase in spin with the Power Air’s performance technology, when compared to the SLK Omega. The Power Air also offers more power and enhanced aerodynamics with Air Dynamic Throat and ThroatFlex technologies. The VANGUARD Power Air is also available in three shape options (Epic, S2, & Invikta), while the SLK Omega is currently only available in one shape (MAX). Lastly, the SLK Omega has a 1-year warranty and is produced internationally, whereas the VANGUARD Power Air has a limited lifetime warranty and is assembled right here in the USA.
- The Power Air versus the Labs 003: Both paddles feature innovative new technology including Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology, 360° Proto Molding, Air Dynamic Throat, ThroatFlex, and ProSpin+ NextGen Texture. Power Air is a power paddle with control; the 003 is a power and control paddle. If you want to become a power player and drives are an important part of your game, we recommend the Power Air. If you are a balanced player or a control player looking for more power, the 003 is the paddle to consider. With its extremely consistent sweetspot and all-around playability, the 003 is easy to transition to from any other paddle, while we advise 1-2 weeks to comfortably transition to the Power Air if you normally play with a control-oriented paddle.
- Power Air versus the AMPED & VANGUARD: The Power Air emphasizes important dimensions of competitive pickleball play with new levels power and spin. If you are a steady player that favors dinking, dropshots, and traditional strategic Pickleball, VANGUARD and AMPED paddles are tremendous control paddles to improve your play. However, if you want to add power, spin, and control to your game, the Power Air is the paddle for you. You will notice significant improvements in power and spin moving from the VANGUARD or AMPED to the Power Air. Unlike traditional power paddles, the Power Air still offers large sweetspot and consistency.